Sunday, December 23, 2012

Lamb meatballs with Tzatziki

I was fortunate enough to purchase a beautiful grass fed, free range lamb from a farm not farm from where I work in Southern Manitoba. After butchering this animal myself, I was only left with a total of 6 lbs of ground meat.

I needed to whip up something for my the potluck Christmas dinner at my new workplace, so I decided to make Lamb meatballs and serve them with Tzatziki. I copped out and purchased the Tzatziki, but the meatballs were made with fresh ground lamb. Here's my recipe!

Ingredients:
  • 2 pounds ground lamb
  • ¼-1/2 cup fresh whole wheat bread crumbs
  • ¼ cup broken up feta cheese
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 teaspoons cumin
  • 1 tablespoon greek spice (I used Clubhouse Greek Spice)
  • 1 egg
Setup your oven rack to the middle level. Preheat the oven to 350F. Mix all the ingredients together in a steel bowl. If you don't have a broiler, use a cookie sheet with a rack over top. Roll the meatballs about an inch in diameter each and place them on the rack or boiler about 1/2 an inch apart. Broil the meatballs until the tops are light brown and roll them over and do the same if that's the effect you want. Serve impaled with a toothpick and with a bowl of quality Tzatziki sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment