Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Forno build continuation...

So tonight I got to cutting the insulation for the floor and measuring out my bricks. I'm using Roxul ComfortBoard IS as the under floor insulation. It's 1.5" thick so I'm going to double it and also put cement board over top of that. Here's the insulation after it was cut to shape.  

After that was done, I set my floor bricks in the herringbone pattern on my garage floor and laid the insulation over top to mark my bricks. 


Yes my bricks are used, but honestly after a few firings, new ones would be dirty anyway! 

Once that was complete, I decided to make my brick holder for my indispensable tool. It's simply a Irwin squeeze clamp welded to a eye bolt then screwed into the "IT". This will enable me to have the tool hole my brick at the perfect angle while I mortar them in place. I didn't come up with that idea, but it certainly is brilliant!! 


That's all for now. Saturday is floor laying and dome building time!!


No comments:

Post a Comment