Saturday, August 29, 2009

Wicked Chicken Sandwich

First off I'm not a huge chicken fan, so the fact that I'm posting a chicken recipe of sorts is a miracle in itself. Yesterday I went to a great restaurant in Winnipeg that has a awesome menu of diverse selections and the decor was all about my other favorite past time, music.

I decided to have the special of the day. This is a simple sandwich that anyone can make that is easy and absolutely delicious. The sandwich from what I could tell, was a lightly breaded chicken breast on a ciabatta bun topped with honey dill sauce, lettuce and tomatoes. What really set this sandwich apart from a regular chicken breast on a bun was the slices of brie cheese and a thin slice of crisped prosciutto. I'm not sure how they got the prosciutto crispy, but I'm guessing it was just by a quick flash fry in a deep fryer or maybe a quick heating in a hot oven on a sheet of some sort.

This was a sandwich with many dimensions of flavour. I think if I were to make this sandwich in my own way, I'd likely change the brie with Buffalo Mozzarella, to compliment the lettuce, add a couple basil leaves and lastly, I'd make a spicy mayo to put on. For this application, I think a chipotle chili mayo would be best. I'll try this out and re-post on how it turns out. Until then, if anyone else happens to give this a try before I do, please post the result!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment